Monday, April 6, 2009

Cuckoo for CocoPops!

Last Saturday, I was innocently strolling the aisles of my local produce market when "BANG!" - someone had turned on the CocoPop machine!


Every few seconds, this industrious little machine compresses uncooked rice at high heat until it explodes, then violently shoots out a crispy rice cake. I was mesmerized - I even shot a video:





The nice gentleman bagging the rice cakes gave me a fresh sample to try - crispy, light and only 16 calories each!

I probably stood there for 15 minutes before Kris finally dragged me away from the machine, but only after he promised to buy me a fresh bag of CocoPops.

The next morning, I slathered generous amounts of Nutella and Bonne Maman strawberry preserves on my new discovery - YUMMY. Go out and get yourself a bag!


P.S. Just in case anyone's confused, these are NOT the chocolate flavored Rice Krispies known internationally as "Coco Pops" ("Cocoa Krispies" in North America).



Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

KennyT said...

Wow, this machine can kill! So powerful!!!!

Dragon said...

Great video. I'm kinda scared of this machine, though. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Phyllis, cute post! I have tagged you in my latest entry. Check it out :)

Screamin' Mama said...

I have never seen these before. Great video. I could have watched it all day. Looks yummy...I'll have to hunt this down.

Tangled Noodle said...

That's so awesome! I have never seen a machine like this before. I'd love one of the rice cakes with Nutella (lots of it), please!

Anonymous said...

these are so good. i had a sample and now don't know where to buy. i really like them a lot and the machine is so fun too.

Laura said...

Where were you able to find these? I live in Manhattan and am searching for them somewhere nearby.