Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chocolate Honey Cakes from Bee Desserts!

A couple weeks ago, Heavenly Housewife sent me a link about these tempting chocolate covered honey cakes. So I swung by Bee Desserts (located inside La Palette restaurant in NYC's Greenwich Village) before meeting friends for dinner on Friday night.

Bee Desserts' chocolate honey cakes are handmade from a family recipe, contain no preservatives and are baked with honey instead of white sugar - YUM!

So lovingly packaged:


The smell of sweet honey seduces you as carefully unwrap the golden parcel:


Moist, cakey, with a mild honey flavor (and literally gone in two bites):

Hubby Kris says they're like a gourmet Ring Ding (or Ding Dong) with the flavor of a Honeymaid graham cracker. Can't wait to try the marshmallow and liqueur versions :)

Bee Desserts
94 Greenwich Ave
New York, NY 10001

http://www.beedesserts.com/


Share/Save/Bookmark

14 comments:

KennyT said...

They look so cute!

Anonymous said...

I would love one of those right now! The chocolate & honey sounds like a great combo and these cakes look scrumptious!

chow and chatter said...

wow these rock

Unknown said...

droooooooool :D... so glad you got to try them!

Jenn said...

I want one!!!

Teanna said...

I am SO Going here... TONIGHT. I'm going to be downtown, so I think I'll make a pit stop!

zerrin said...

Chocolate and honey together must be beyond perfectness. They look so cute and yummy!

Phyllis said...

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all your comments, hope you all get to try these chocolate honey cakes soon :)

foodhoe said...

there you go, now i'm contemplating spending more for the shipping than on the dang cakes... must have one...

OysterCulture said...

oh my goodness, they look incredibly yummy, and not the thing to be thinking about after a few weeks of Irish Breakfasts. Need to focus on the fruits and veggies now!

Anonymous said...

I simply had to try them after reading about it here. They are AMAZING!!Even my husband who is not big on sweets absolutely loved them.

NMOS said...

This is definitely something I would love to eat. I've tried chocolate covered honeycomb and it's delicious. I like the weird and unusual food you have on your blog. Very cool.

Tangled Noodle said...

This shot straight to the top of 'what to eat the next time we're in NYC' list. So delicious. One bite would've been to much time; this is definitely a shove-in-mouth-in-one-piece deal!

Bee Desserts and Cafe said...

Wow - thanks for all the kind words guys! Please come and visit our Bee Desserts & Cafe page on Facebook and get a Free cup of coffee or Free sweet crepe when you come in & visit us!