Friday, March 26, 2010

Chocolate that speaks to you...


Fellow food bloggers
Tangled Noodle and Savor the Thyme are once again hosting the much anticipated Eating Your Words Challenge.

You have until March 31st to enter and the prize for this year's challenge is an
aebleskiver pan! Now if the promise of warm aebleskivers for breakfast hasn't already got you playing with your food, perhaps the thought of a celebrity judge (Andrew Zimmern!!!) gazing upon your creation will get those creative juices flowing.

I wanted to come up with an entry that used ingredients I already had in the pantry. Then I remembered the
chocolate mint bark that Justin from Justcook nyc recently made. Perfect - I always seem to have leftover chocolate chips around, plus chocolate bark is so easy that you don't even need a recipe.

Just melt some white and dark chocolate chips separately, pour the dark chocolate on some parchment paper and before it begins to dry, pour the melted white chocolate on top, using a wooden skewer to swirl the colors together (or in my case, write a word).

Thanks for the inspiration, Justin! I'll make you some aebleskivers or takoyaki if I win :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous daaaaaahling!
Unfortunately there is no such thing as chocolate in the pantry here, it all goes in my belly LOL.
I so hope you win!!!!!
*kisses* HH

Tangled Noodle said...

Woo-hoo! Swirly chocolate bark doesn't just speak to me . . . it's yelling, "What are you waiting for? Break off a piece right now!"

Thanks so much for participating in Eating Your Words - it's shaping up to be a fun and tasty event!

Jennifer(Savor) said...

I certainly hope you licked that up after you took the photo! Thank yuo for entering the challenge and good luck!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous swirl! Excellent creation!

Jenn said...

Nice entry!! Makes me want to take a big bite out of it. :)

Phyllis said...

Heavenly Housewife: Thank you daahling...chocolate usually doesn't last long in this household either but I'd just made some truffles. The bark is long gone now :)

Tangled Noodle: It was really the seductive smell of melted chocolate that was calling out to me :) I can't wait to see the all the other entries!

Jennifer: No, I was disciplined and waited for the bark to dry. Thanks to you and TN for hosting such a fun challenge!

5 Star Foodie: Thanks, swirling chocolate was fun! Your banana entry is unbelievable!

Phyllis said...

Jenn: Oops, sorry I missed replying to you on the last comment (still too early for me on a Sat morning). And I did take a big bite out of it (several, in fact!)

foodhoe said...

I love that chocolaty swirly picture, what a cool idea.

Phyllis said...

foodhoe: Thanks! :)